Roasted Baby Tomato & Camembert Starter
Perfect as a pre-drink snack, as a starter or for a book club.
Serves 4 – 6
2 x tubs firm red baby tomatoes, the redder the better
60ml Olive oil.
45 ml Fresh Basil, chopped.
45 – 60ml sweet chilli Sauce
1 Camembert cheese round
Fresh basil for Garnish.
- Place baby tomatoes, olive oil and fresh basil into a large, flat overproof dish. Toss to coat well.
- Bake in an over at 200′C/180′C fan/Gas mark 6 for approximately 20 minutes.
- Plate drained tomatoes on an ovenproof platter and drizzle with sweet chillie sauce. Arrange unwrapped Camembert in the middle.
- Bake for a further 10 minutes until the cheese is soft and runny and tomatoes are turning slightly sticky.
- Garnish with more fresh basil.
- Use cream cheese in place of Camembert, but do not cook cream cheese. Arrange tomatoes around cream cheese and drizzle with pesto of your choice.
- Serve with Melba toast or biscuits if preferred.
You don’t have to be great to start,
but you have to start to be great.